Saturday, November 8, 2008

Better With Time

Today, Jon and I celebrate our 11th anniversary...some things just get better with time
Today has been the perfect day.

With every year that passes, I am amazed at how God has directed our steps. I don't mean to get too mushy on y'all, but I love this guy so much. On this day eleven years ago, we were young, crazy in love, and full of enthusiasm for wherever God would take us. Today, we are older, deeply in love, and thankful for God's faithfulness - how He has bonded our hearts closer together through years of joy, disappointments, trials, tragedies, celebrations, and the challenges of putting up with each other day in and day out for eleven years. :)
It's amazing how someone can know everything about you, all your faults and shortcomings, and yet love you even more than they did when they had no idea all those flaws existed.
(I love this picture. We were trying to take a picture of ourselves and kept busting up laughing.)


Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor. For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up. ~Ecclesiastes 4:9,10

10 comments:

Kim H. said...

That is so sweet - Happy Anniversary! I love silly pictures like that - they tell a story, and show just how much fun you have together.

Michelle said...

I love this post. It makes me have a lump in my throat. :) You are great role models.

Stefanie said...

You guys look so in love still! I love it.

Coming home today?! Have one or two more starbucks:)

Christi said...

I'm so glad you got to have this special weekend together. You are such a GREAT couple!

Lindsay said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are a beautiful couple....both then and now!

Team Johnston said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys make a beautiful couple! I hope you enjoyed your special weekend!
~Danielle :)

Tiffany said...

Awww, so young and in love. Oh, and the 11 year old wedding photo is lovely too!

Here's to another ton of years together!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary you two!

Angela said...

Happy anniversary you guys!!! I remember your wedding day like it was yesterday!
I am so glad you were able to get away! It looks like you guys had so much fun!

Stacey Munro said...

Happy Anniversary!
I remember that long train trip up to Salem to enjoy and share in your celebration.
It was a lovely day and a great beginning.
I'm continually encouraged by your postings, (when I make it over to read, not often enough).
Congrats on 11 years and how faithful you two have been to keeping God at the center of your marriage. Love ya! -Stace