Friday, October 12, 2007

Becoming a Woman of Faith

Today is a good day.

I am getting out of the house for two whole days!

Amazing.

I feel so blessed that I have the opportunity to attend the Women of Faith conference this weekend. I've never been before, but have heard good reports, and we are sitting only sixteen rows from the stage. Pretty nice! So what am I hoping to get out of this weekend other then a break from laundry, cooking, and dishes? Well, I hope to meet God in the midst of some awesome worship. I hope to hear God through the teaching of women who have submitted their lives to Him so they can be used for His glory. I hope to fill a whole notebook full of notes, so I can read back over them for months to come, and remember what God was impressing upon my heart. I hope to laugh. I hope to be convicted. I hope to be renewed. I hope to be changed. But most of all, I hope to be a woman who pleases God. How? By continuing to be a woman of faith. Because, "without faith it is impossible to please God" - Hebrews 11:6.

Oh, and I almost forgot, I will thoroughly enjoy going out to dinner without a two year old. Why would a mother say such harsh words? I will let these pictures answer that for you:

17 comments:

Ona said...

Have a wonderful time!!!

Angela said...

Liz you have a wonderful time! you deserve it! Maybe next year we can go together!!
I think you took those pictures off my camera and put Oliva in them. The night before last we had the same situations at the same place.
Even the same side of the booth!

Lindsay said...

Enjoy it sweet girl! It is a wonderful conference that inspires, encourages, renews & strengthens. I can't wait to see/read about what God will show you as you meet Him in a new way this weekend. Blessings to you -

Glory Laine said...

I love how Auntie thinks this trick is amusing. And I love how you took the picture before putting the smack down.

Sharon said...

I'm so excited that you get to go to WOF this year~it's so awesome! And your seats! We've always been in the nose bleeds. Your so close you might get spit on when the talk! Way cool! Have a fabulous time. You are now, officially, a WOFer (that's what Julie and I named ourselves at last year's WOF)!

Jen said...

I love Women of Faith. Sheila Walsh is one of my heroes. She's the one who talksso openly about depression and anti-depressant medication, and her journey. She gave me permission to breathe back when I was in a pit in my life. Anyways, I know you're there now...so when you get back...I hope you had a great time!

Rachel said...

I hope you have fun at your conference...and those pictures are exactly why going out with a two year old is funny for everyone else BUT the child's mother. AHHH!!

Michelle said...

Liz... I will pray for you today! I hope that you are meeting God in a fresh way even RIGHT NOW! Blessings on you.

Julie said...

Hope that WOF was a great time...I've always enjoyed going, and spending time with the "girls".

Those pictures are cute. Your daughter is adorable!!

Can't wait to hear all about your weekend!!

Sharon said...

Whew~the typos in my last comment to you! So sorry! Should be ‘you're’ instead of ‘your’ and ‘they’ instead of ‘the.’ I was tired. : )

I'm here to congratulate the mighty Sarah for her fabulous volleyball game this morning! She really helped the Westies pummel the Southies! She's just too adorable. One time she successfully dug a serve and sent it back over the net in the middle of three of my girls who just watched it in wonder as it hit the ground. Sarah was so excited! She jumped and clapped. I loved it! Although, I have to toot Greta's horn, too! She learned how to serve overhand at Thursday's practice and she did it five times in the game today! I was SOOO proud of her! They're all such sweet girls~I'm having so much fun! (Even on crutches!)

I hope WOF is going well, but I missed you this morning. See you next Saturday between games!

Unknown said...

I love those pictures of Olivia, although, I may change how I feel about them when I have my own two year old...what do you think? :)

Lindsay said...

So how was it??
Was Max Lucado there?
If so, I'm more than jealous!!
Can't wait for an update...

Valerie of Momia said...

I was there, too!! I hope you enjoyed it!

Stefanie said...

We should get our 2 year olds together - they would get along grandly.

Kailin said...

Hope you had fun...I went a few years ago and LOVED it!

Julie said...

Waiting to hear all about your weekend!! Hope that you had a fun time :)

Michelle said...

Where are you, Cyber Friend?!?