Sunday, November 9, 2008

What would you do?

I have a confession to make: I did Daniel's homework. Am I a bad mom? Would you ever do your kid's homework, or is that something totally off the ethical radar for everyone but me?The poor kid was up to his eyeballs in homework one night, so not wanting him to stay up until midnight, I started working on his science poster for him while he worked on other subjects. It was just drawing a volcanoe and labeling the different layers of the earth's crust and types of volcanic rocks. I tried to make it look like a 6th grader's drawing, but my perfectionism took over. I couldn't stop, I should have only done about half, but I kept drawing, adding in trees, coloring the sky blue, and check out my lava chamber...I got that just right! Daniel was like, "oh mom, that's way too good. My teacher is never going to believe that I did that!"
Well, luckily Daniel's teacher didn't question who did the poster, he got an "A" AND a good night sleep. So it all worked out!
__________________________________________________
But you, O Sovereign Lord, deal well with me for your name's sake; out of the goodness of your love, deliver me. For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me. I fade away like an evening shadow; I am shaken off like a locust. My knees give way from fasting; my body is thin and gaunt. I am an object of scorn to my accusers; when they see me, they shake their heads. Help me, O LORD my God; save me in accordance with your love. Let them know that it is your hand, that you, O LORD, have done it.
~Psalm 109:21-27
Instruct a wise man and he will be wiser still; teach a righteous man and he will add to his learning. ~Proverbs 9:9

4 comments:

Happy McNally Mom said...

I would do Morgan's homework in a heartbeat (oh wait I have). There are so many things in life that are more important than homework. You are an awesome mom.

Glory Laine said...

Matt wrote one of my last college papers for me. It was either that or off to the metal hospital for me.

Rachel said...

I am so jealous!!! My mom is a high school math teacher, and NEVER ONCE did she do my homework!!! Not only that, when I asked for her help, she never tried to do it for me...she talked to me as a teacher and made me work through it myself...I didn't ask her for her help too much!!
Oh how much nicer life would have been if she would have just taken one or two math assignments off my hands!! You are a very nice mom!

February Jill said...

I think this is hilarious. Isn't it funny how much fun this stuff is the second time around?

I love Daniel's reaction too. Oh mom, this is way too good...

By the way, thanks for adding in scriptures at the bottom of your posts. It is so nice to add in to my reading!