Friday, November 7, 2008

Just The Two of Us

This picture was taken five minutes ago at the Starbuck's in Bend, Oregon.

We are in heaven right now. We arrived at Eagle Crest last night and are enjoying an Anniversary weekend getaway...just the two of us! Something that doesn't happen very often.

Right now, the little things are the biggest luxuries to me, such as, not setting my alarm, waking up and getting out of bed whenever I feel like it. Taking a long shower and not being rushed, watching C-SPAN, working out in the middle of the day and not at the end of a tiring day, going on a walk with my husband, just having an uninterrupted conversation with my husband is a treat in itself.

Well, I don't mean to brag, but we're off to go see "Body of Lies" with Russell Crowe (my favorite actor), go shopping and then enjoy a nice quiet dinner. Ahhh...I love getting away!!!

5 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Have a great time!

Stefanie said...

Brag away...that is too fun! Mike is working a long day/night at Matt and Becca's new home (almost done and can't wait til you see it)and I just got all kids tucked away after a long day for me.

Your vacation sounds like heaven - - so proud of you for getting away. RELAX.

You guys are so cute.

February Jill said...

That sounds like SO much fun. Shane and I don't really ever get away together alone and I'm jealous.

Something funny, from the picture and your headline, I almost thought "Just the two of us" was you and your laptop!

Hope you guys have a wonderful time.

Tiffany said...

I'm a beliver that vacations are a must for marriage and family to stay healthy. Good for you guys!

Michelle said...

Sweet! :)