Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's almost Christmas!

I have to say I feel almost as excited as my favorite boys from the '90's look. Isn't Joey so cute? Anyways, the shopping is DONE! The presents are wrapped. The Christmas cards were mailed out with plenty of time to spare. Our house and tree were decorated by the 1st of December. The all day baking marathon is finished and my kitchen is clean again. And I am spending the day singing along to my favorite Christmas music while preparing a big Christmas Eve dinner for my side of the family's celebration tonight.

It has been a wonderful, stress-free and enjoyable month of December.

I think this is the first time in my life I've actually kept a New Year's Resolution. Last January, in a
blog post, I made this promise:

"So I've been thinking, I hereby make a promise, a New Year's Resolution if you will, to enjoy Christmas more next year. To be better prepared. To get the decorations down from the attic, shopping completed, and Christmas cards written by November. Christmas only comes once a year, and for such a short time. Yet it comes with so many opportunities to make memories and to bless others. You just need one thing: TIME. Next year I want to do whatever it takes, so that come December, I have nothing but time. Time to relax and enjoy my family and friends."

Merry Christmas!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. May your homes be filled with peace and joy, and your hearts overflow with gratitude for the gift God gave us on the very first Christmas: His one and only Son, who did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.
(Matthew 20:28)

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Merry Merry Christmas Liz & family!!

May your celebrations be full of GREAT things and HIS hope, peace, love and joy!

Unknown said...

You are SO SMART Liz! I'm so glad you are slowing down and enjoying this wonderful time of year. Merry Christmas!

Glory Laine said...

Joey.... (Sigh)

February Jill said...

Liz! You're back!
I am just now doing my catch-up on this first Monday-After-Christmas and I am now all up to date on your very sad reasons for not finishing NaBloPoMo and also why you vote for your husband as sexiest man! So cute.

Also I love the Pottery Barn stockings and I can't believe the deal you got! Good work. Maybe you found another spot for the snowmen? I loved getting a Christmas card from you and will have you know that I look at the smiling faces of your children each morning when I walk past the fridge! I'm glad that I know people who know you, so I am sure that one of these days we'll meet face to face. Maybe we'll just be penpals for our whole lives and never meet until we're in Heaven. Don't you think that's kind of a romantic thought?

Anywho, I'm glad you're back and I can keep up to date with you and also I wanted to let you know that our daughters have the same middle name (Grace) and I also have the exact same pointy black heels that inhibited you from walking sick to your car recently.

Ok, that's all for now! Jill