Monday, May 5, 2008

On a Lighter Note...

I'm quite embarrassed about my frizzy hair in this picture. Jon snapped this with his cell phone right when I was heading out the door to go get it cut. Who fixes their hair before they go to the salon anyway? Obviously not me! Ta-da... The new do!
(Ladies, Niki Quarles is terrific. If you need a new stylist, go see her!)

And where have we been spending most of our free time? Three words:
It's Softball Season!
My Little Lefty

The Sideline Kid


It's been hard to keep my eyes off the 3rd base coachAs you may have guessed, life in the Garland house has been quite busy lately. Which would explain my one lonesome blog post for the whole month of April...ouch! That's an all-time low!


We are all doing well, and enjoying this busy time of year. I am counting down the days until summer, when life seems to move at a more relaxed pace. I will definitely try to do a better job of keeping in touch with all of you dear family and friends. Until next time, enjoy the season God has placed you in, and be blessed as you remember His faithfulness...regardless of our shortcomings, He is faithful!


"We tend to be shortsighted about life, so caught up in the present that we lose sight of how brief our time on earth actually is. It is easy to attach too much value to the wrong things and assign significance to the wrong accomplishments and, in the process, dilute those things that carry eternal significance." ~Mayo Mathers, from the book "Finding Adventure in the Ordinary"

13 comments:

Michelle said...

You are hair is sooooo soooo soo cute! Wow! I love it.

It is good to hear from you... and I agree, I can't wait for summer. Hang in there... just a few more weeks.

Rachel said...

It's so nice to read a post from you! Your hair looks so cute. I hope you enjoy the lighter style this summer. Baseball season is a busy time. Good luck to all your players.

Angela said...

You look adorable!!!
She just trimmed me up yesterday!!!

Jen said...

LOVE THE HAIR!! I'm so glad you went for it! We're in baseball season too...it is crazy!

Take Care Liz! Love, Jen Green

momaof4 said...

WOW!! I bet your head feels lighter!!! ;) So cute.

Enjoy the baseball season! I have been a bit behind in my post to. Just a busy time of year!

Sharon said...

Love the hair! You are just stunning!

And we're doing the softball thing, too... it's crazy!

We missed you last Wednesday! Hope to see you soon, friend! : )

Unknown said...

Your hair is SO cute! Mine is about the same length, but it looks MUCH cuter on you!! Glad you went for it, sorry it didn't work out for us to go together!!

Anonymous said...

Liz, I love your hair! It looks so good on you. We will be in Salem the first week of June. We'll have to get together. Miss you guys. Janell

Ona said...

LOVE IT!!! I went back to dark brunette again. I was at Nikkis last week.

Anonymous said...

Wow - what a knock out! It looks "FAB-U-LOUS!" (High School Musical 2 anyone?!!) You are a true beauty ~ really.
~ and after 15 years of my boys being in baseball and still going strong - I can say a hearty "Amen!" to the busy-ness! but don't ya just LOVE it?! Play Ball! :-0) Lori E.

Lindsay said...

Great hair!! :) You're darling!

Tiffany said...

Love the new do! Very sporty!

The Journey to Home said...

LOVE your hair Liz! :) You have a beautiful family :).