Thursday, January 31, 2008

(cue music...) Where in the World is LizzyG?

Life has just been too busy lately. Something had to give. So I put blogging on the back burner for the last couple of weeks. This morning I went back and read my very first post. It was so simple, and reminded me of the reason I started this blog. So look for short and sweet posts in the future, filled with lots of pictures of our 3 crazy kids. And I will aspire to be more like my friend Angela, and keep my camera with me at all times. These last few weeks have been busy, but filled with some fun moments together as a family. Unfortunately, I took very few pictures, but here are some random pictures to make up for lost time:

Sarah had a big birthday bash with her friends from school! What could be better then,
SWIMMING

PIZZA
AND A SLEEPOVER!
MONDAY, JANUARY 28th: 1/2 INCH OF SNOW AND NO SCHOOL!
IT'S A GOOD THING SHE'S WEARING THOSE SNOW PANTS!
AFTER BRAVING THE BITTER COLD, WHAT BETTER WAY TO WARM UP THEN A NICE BIG BUBBLE BATH?
POOR DANIEL LAY SICK ON THE COUCH WHILE THE REST OF US ENJOYED THE WINTER WONDERLAND...ALL TWO HOURS OF IT.
AAHHH, POOR GUY...
He gets home from work at 8:30 am. The deal is he takes the kids to school at 9:00am. But somehow, in that short amount of time, he ends up on the couch like this. And we all quietly tip-toe out the door trying not to wake the sleeping beauty.In closing, I will share some valuable wisdom learned over the last couple weeks:

When you're feeding your kids chicken broth with croutons added in, it's time to go to the grocery store.

When one family member gets sick, watch out, you're all going to get it!

When you go 18 days without exercising, and eat lots of junk food, you wills start to notice some extra padding around your hips.

When you have 10 girls over for a sleepover, you probably won't go to bed until 3:00 am. And when one wakes up at 7:00 am, they're all going to wake up

One of the brightest moments in my life was scheduling a pedicure with my mother-n-law and sister-n-law the day after the party

When you put on High School Musical (1&2) for ten nine-year old girls, they will all sing along to every single song with great emotion and gaze starry eyed at Troy and Gabriella, which will then invoke feelings of panic in you as a mother.....They're too young! Shouldn't they still be playing with dolls?

Funny Moment: Jon was frustrated with Daniel for a VERY good reason, and said, "what is wrong with you? What were you thinking?" Daniel replied, "Maybe it was your sperm Dad, maybe it was a bad one" Jon and I cracked up laughing. Gotta love that open communication!

If you go through a lazy phase and don't do any housework for 3 days, you WILL be sorry! It's not worth it, get off the couch!

If the president of your organization assigns a project to you, feelings of stress and anxiety will follow (I just want to wash dishes and do laundry all day again!!!)

When you and your husband take your kids to a rock concert at the Ikebox, a lengthy discussion about not judging people by their appearances will follow.

Very few things make me happier, then watching the expression on my kids' face when they wake up to snow.

Rediscovering one of my favorite things: Tuesday, 1:00 am, couldn't sleep (thanks to that nice little project), and Jon was working. I opened up the curtains in our bedroom, crawled back in bed and watched snow fall to the ground. It was the most beautiful, peaceful sight.
Until next time...

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who did you see at the Ike Box? My cousin is in a band, Sister Ray, and they play there frequently.

I always feel old when I go there to see him. There is definitely an interesting crowd there. My aunt got offered mushrooms when we were leaving one night!

Anonymous said...

And not the edible kind.

LizzyG said...

Oh that is funny! A good friend of ours has a band called, Opie. They're actually quite good, and the kids and I listen to their CD in the car. They invited us to go watch their concert last Friday. Sarah went straight up to the stage, danced (in her own unique way...Think Elaine on Seinfeld), rocked out and cheered enthusiastically after each song. Daniel froze up, and was freaked out by all the weird looking people. He felt very uncomfortable, so it was a good learning experience and opened the door for some good coversation!

Unknown said...

Great to hear from you! I love all your tips at the end...I have a little reinforcement for your "not doing housework for 3 days and you'll be sorry"...try not doing any housework for your entire pregnancy!!! You will be VERY sorry!! LOL!!!!

Michelle said...

Loved to hear from your world!!! Great post... the sleepover brings memories flooding back. It will be a little longer before I am faced with this as a mom... Hannah is only 5. :-)

Anonymous said...

LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY at Daniel's comment, seriously.

I may be joining you back in the working world, and in the college world at that! I am in the final interview process for a Financial Aid Counselor here at Fuller Seminary. Full-time...back to real working life, no more school, and laundry will be Jeremy's job. (long story...I'll invite you to my new blog when it's up and running with a full Jen Green like rambling explanation...still taking a break)

Anyway, good to see your post today! I love reading about your fam! Take care, Jen Green

Ona said...

Busy, busy, busy! Hope everyone is feeling better. Love the picture of Jon. Does he know you put that on there? Daniels comment cracked me up. He does have a point :)
I here ya with the pounds but the last couple days I've done really good. Talk to you soon.

LizzyG said...

No, Jon doesn't know that picture's on there. He'll want me to take it off, but not a chance!

Arminda said...

Hey lady! I really love reading this--you have such a way with words. Seriously! The picture of Olivia in the snow(?) cracks me up. Speaking of not working out for two weeks, wanna go running on Monday after work? I can't tell you how many times I heard the speakerphone today and thought of you. :)

Glory Laine said...

So good to hear from you! I have to say I think that Daniel was good sperm. And one fantastic egg!

Rachel said...

Look at all the great fun you had while you were "gone". As crazy as it may sound, I can't wait for Sawyer to have sleepovers. Some of the best memories are those crazy things you do when those parents FINALLY fall asleep. Great pictures! And I love Jon crashing on the couch. Graveyard is tough!!

Lindsay said...

I am cracking up at all your insight , there at the end!

Daniel's comment, too funny!

Sharon said...

Whew~so much to take in! So much fun and wisdom that you shared! The "sleep" over looks like a huge success~way to go, Mom! And the tips: brilliant! : )

Lindsay said...

Happy Day to you ... and thanks for posting!! :) LOVE it!!

Tiffany said...

Your son has a quick wit, blaming it on his dad's sperm! THAT is too funny! I have to say I've also seen my husband in exactly the same pose as Jon's lovely couch photo too. Oh, and you are a brave, brave momma to have all those girls sleeping over (at your house, right?)