Thursday, June 7, 2007

Who Would Have Thought?


As of yesterday I never had the desire, nor the time, to sit down and type out my thoughts or post pictures for friends and family. But tonight I find myself in a quiet house with the kids all asleep and my husband working until 3:00 am. And I have just come to the realization that I am going to have many more nights like this. Jon just graduated from the Police Academy, and tonight is his first night on the road with his training officer. He will be gone four nights out of the week. That is a lot of time to myself :) I just finished reading my friend Angela's blog, and was inspired. So here I am, posting my first blog. Even if this doesn't get read by many, this will be a good way for me to share my thoughts and feelings. I have always felt guilty about not staying consistent with my journal or documenting milestones in my children's lives. So, some day this will be a nice collection of stories and pictures for my children to read through and be reminded of the fact that their parents loved them greatly and loved spending time with them.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Liz!
This is awesome!!!!
I am so excited to keep up on you. I think of you guys all the time and I can't wait to see you again.
Love you,
Ang

Anonymous said...

We love to see the children because they are so grown and beautiful! Joaquin & Mariano says congradulations on becoming a policeman please don´t beat us when we come visit. You and Liz look great together we look forward to more pictures and writing. C.J. Graciela, Joaquin, Y Mariano. Question how can you keep a dog from barking???

Anonymous said...

Beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.
As I sat here and absorbed the goodness of our Father, my heart was consumed once again with the words of a hymn that you, poor Liz, had to endure,my countless off key croonings of "MY GOD, HOW GREAT THOU ART". Thanks so much for this great gift. Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Liz and John...Bob shared the site with us and Anneli and I are glad he did. You have a wonderful family, a great dad and a GREAT GOD! It is an honor to know you! Denny