Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A DAUGHTER'S LOVE

I am heading out early in the morning to go to San Diego for three days. No, it's not a spontaneous romantic get away for Jon and I. My work is sending me to a conference. Unfortunately I will have very little free time :(

All the kids are in bed, and I found this card Sarah left out for me. This just cracks me up, so I thought I would share it with you. She's very worried about me flying on an airplane.



Maybe if I have time I will take pictures of my "executive suite" at the Hilton just to gloat. And maybe I will walk around in my Egyptian cotton bathrobe and eat my breakfast out on the balcony :) Or maybe even go for a run on the beach.

But trust me, if I had the choice to stay home this weekend in my pajamas with my kids, and not go anywhere, I would take that choice in a heartbeat. I would rather be home then anywhere else.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

What a sweet girl! It has got to be difficult for the kids to get used to you being away from them. Last year was my first year as a working mom... and it was a tough transition. Have a great weekend! Enjoy those 'I deam of Jeanie' powers while you have housekeeping and restaraunt services. :-)

Angela said...

Okay I just laughed out loud!
That sweet girl!
Have a great time you are such a professional now!

Rachel said...

What a sweet little goodbye note. My favortie is the heart in the word LOVE!

Ona said...

That so sweet of her. Have fun and give my nephews kisses for me :)

Julie said...

I love notes from the kids like that... so sweet!

Even though you want to be home, this could be a relaxing time for you... the calm before the "Christmas" storm?? I hope you have a great time!

Stefanie said...

Good thing that note was written to you and not me. I'm already scared enough before a trip. I get it from my mom I guess. She went flew over Thanksgiving and before she left, she told me where our Singing Christmas Tree tickets were in her house, just in case she didn't make it back. How sad are we??!!! Have a blast and maybe I'll see you this weekend?

Sharon said...

I agree with Sarah: Don't die! That would be bad. ALthough, you may want to stay on your lanai with your Egyptian cotton robe a little longer, so a slight plane mishap may just be a good excuse for a little longer of a stay. Enjoy yourself! : )

Unknown said...

What a cute card! Don't you just love notes from kids? My niece and nephews have left me a slew of notes over the years, all of them neatly kept in a drawer...I just can't seem to part with them..

Work is already sending you to out of town conferences?? You must be doing such an awesome job! I'd love to see pics of the executive suite!

Glory Laine said...

I love the way she took the time to print her name and sign her name. Looks like a legal document. Have a great time! Oh and Liz, the card and caffee were really to sweet for words. I am so glad this crazy world brought us together though blogging.

Jen said...

I can't believe you're down in Southern California right now and it's raining!! I'm so sorry!! It's been miserably hot and dry for weeks, almost months, and the one day it rains you're here! Bummer!!

I hope it clears up for you tomorrow. And, I hope you enjoyed your conference, I used to love going to conferences back in my office days!

Arminda said...

Oh my gosh. I just read this! "Don't Die!" The woman says what is on her mind.