Tuesday, November 27, 2007

BEING A FINISHER

Blog Party Homework Is Done!Ok, ok, if I can finish a half marathon, then I guess I should finish my "homework" for this little Blog Party. I am only doing this so I won't be turned away at the door tonight. And for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, all the women who read each other's blogs are meeting tonight for a "Blog Party". But everyone had to post their answers to these questions before the party. So staying true to form, with just a few hours left, I finished the task!

What is your Motto?
Matthew 6:25-33
"For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?' For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."


What superhuman power would you most want to have?
Like the old "I Dream of Genie" show when she would just cross her arms and blink her eyes and it was done. I would love to blink my eyes and have the dishes be done or a beautiful dinner made, the floors cleaned, etc.


What makes you laugh?
Hmmm....Honestly I don't laugh very easily, I don't cry easily either. I am a very non-emotional type A personality. I'm logical, competitive, and practical. Do you still like me? If anything makes me laugh, it would be my husband. We have kind of merged our senses of humor together over the years. He knows how to make me laugh.


Cats or dogs?
Neither.
Do you like me at all anymore?

Would you rather be a little smarter or sexier?
Tough one, it's almost a toss up, but I have to go with smarter.


What's the one thing you'll never understand
Professional athletes and celebrities. The amount of money they make is insane, and dare I say, undeserving. While the rest of the world is living in poverty and dying of hunger, they're buying their 6th mansion....it's not right.



My life would be simpler if?
I didn't have to work



The big decision I'm currently wrestling with is...
Cash or credit.
I have always wrestled with this. To be perfectly honest, after all the bills are payed and groceries are in the fridge there is very little, if any, left over for anything else. There are so many things I want to buy for our home, so many things for the kids, so many things for ME, new handbags, new shoes, new clothes, and the list goes on and on. This time of year is particularly hard for me...I love Christmas. I love giving gifts, and I so badly want to buy everything from the Pottery Barn catalog, especially the matching stockings with our names embroidered on them, along with a matching tree skirt. But I don't, and I won't. This is where my motto comes in handy :)

8 comments:

February Jill said...

Liz, I would love to hang out anytime! You'll have to call us when you're coming through the area on Saturday night. Do you have Becca's cell? I can't bring myself to leave my number in a comment but we'll figure it out!

Also I ditto the Pottery Barn catalogue desire! I also want you to know that in my heart I marched right out and bought you and your family the matching stockings and tree skirt. I even scanned your blog to find the names of all of your family. I want you to know that if I had the extra $200, that stuff would so be yours. Jill

Sharon said...

Great to see you tonight! And for a gal who "doesn't laugh easily," you sure do always have a bright, cheery smile whenever I see you! : )

Valerie of Momia said...

Hi, LizzyG! It was great meeting you tonight. (So, you really DO exist out of "blog world"!) Keep up the blogging. I enjoy reading it!

Angela said...

I am right there with you and that Pottery Barn place. :)

Rachel said...

I really enjoyed meeting you last night! You are just as darling as your blog!
Pottery Barn is my most favorite...and just wish they had more things on sale!!

Julie said...

So fun to finally meet you last night! I'm glad you made it :)

I've always wanted the personalized stockings, too! So cute!

Jen said...

Lizzy G...

I think it's great that you are so honest about yourself. I love that you are an admitted "non-emotional type A personality". You are logical. Love THAT.

You are the opposite of me...I laugh so loud at church it can be heard on Mosaic's podcast all over America. (kid you not, my hubby is mortified, as am I). I don't cry in public, rarely ever, but I bawl like a baby to Jeremy all of the time. (again, the poor guy)...and finally I am a wanna be type A. I'd love to be driven and go go go, but when it's all said and done, I'd rather watch tv and sit and blog.

Anyways...my point? I love who you are and that you're honest about who you are. Wear your uniqueness proudly. I am always drawn to strong non-emotional women...it's inspiring!

I'm so glad you guys got together last night. Wished I could've been there!! Sigh! Love, Jen

Michelle said...

I loved reading this and getting to know you a little more! The cash or credit thing is sure a TOUGH thing this time of year... I am so with you!