Sunday, September 30, 2007

How I Beat the Blues

Went to Starbucks.....treated myself to a pumpkin spice latte

Went for a run in the rain...... nothing makes me feel stronger and more empowered, then running in the rain. I feel so tough, running with the rain beating against my face. I even went a mile further then I planned. I still don't think I burned off all that ice cream though.
Took a long hot bath......is there any better treat? Besides chocolate that is.
Got completely caught up on the laundry

Made dinner for the fam.......even though everything inside me wanted to crack open a can of Campbell's

Baked chocolate chip cookies.......no, no, not for me, lest you think I am some sort of chocoholic. OK, you're right, I am. But I made them for Jon, they're his favorite.
Braided Sarah's hair.......she loves to have the crimped look for school in the morning. I'm kicking myself for not saving my crimper from 8th grade - those were so rad!
Prepared the coffee pot for my sweetie.......complete with love note and all! He comes home at 4:00 am for his break. After many nights of being awoken to the sound of the coffee grinder, I realized it's best if I get it all ready for him. He just has to push start!
Put the kids to bed early........by 8:30 I had a quiet house. Nothing short of a miracle!
Had some quiet time with God......now truly, there is no better treat. I am doing a Beth Moore bible study right now, going through the book of Daniel. IT IS AWESOME! I am learning so much. And oh, how I need this time alone with God. He truly fills me up much better than chocolate peanut butter ice cream ever could.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its 04:37 in the morning. Thank you so much for the coffee, cookies and the note!!! I love you too!!

Angela said...

Good job Liz! You inspire me! You are such a great mom and wife!

Rachel said...

I went running in the rain yesterday too!! I know I look like a drowned rat, but it's so much fun!
What a great way to beat the blues. You do a wonderful job of taking care of yourself along with taking care of your family. Very inspiring.

Lindsay said...

WOW - want to come to my house for a day or two??
Impressed to say the least.
Blessings to you this week!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that Jon left you a comment here to thank you for all you did for him...you are SO sweet! Sarah and her American Girl are such cute twins!

Julie said...

This is really sweet, Liz! I love the comment you got from Jon.

Don't you love it when you're all caught up on laundry?????

Sharon said...

I melted when I saw Jon's comment!!

What a great way to cure the blues~every single one of those things! What a sweet post!

Michelle said...

Aagh! How awesome. I would love to be doing the things you are doing... running... baking... notes for my husband... not to mention getting them back! You are awesome!

LizzyG said...

Michelle,
The one thing I don't like about blogging, is the tendancy to make our lives seem picture-perfect to everyone. That is something I strive for daily....authenticity, a deep, personal relationship with Jesus that just overflows into my daily life, without me having to put on a front. After I posted this, I realized it looked like I was tooting my own horn, like look at me, look at how good I am....and I hate that, I never want to be like that. Do I read my Bible every day? NO. Do I run every day? No. I try, but not every day is a "blog-picture-perfect" day. Just keep on loving Jesus and "authentically" living your life for Him, and you will continue to be the wife, mom, co-worker, friend that he wants you to be. May God bless you greatly today my "blogging friend" :)

Rachel said...

I know you were responding to Michelle, but I have to say you didn't sound at all like you were tooting your horn...there are days where we "figure it out". You should blog about when you make it all work...it's inspirational for those of us having days where we're not!!
And good luck training for your half marathon!!

Michelle said...

Oh... Liz! I didn't think you were tooting anything! ;-) From what I can tell... I really like you. I have good days like that, too. (except for running... would love to ... just doesn't seem to be natural for me.) I am sincere when I say you are awesome! bless you day.

Valerie of Momia said...

Sounds like an awesome, productive day!!