Sunday, September 30, 2007

Rainy Day Blues

It doesn't feel like a Sunday morning.
Due to Jon's work schedule we have been going to the Saturday night service at church, so Sunday mornings don't feel like Sunday mornings. I miss the old Sunday mornings. And today, I am misssing the sunshine. Right now, the kids are making forts with couch cushions and watching a Land Before Time marathon....they're on number four. I am still in my pj's, sitting at the computer and loathing paying bills, and balancing the Garland Budget....not fun. The sky is a dark shade of grey and the rain is streaming down the window. So being the emotional eater that I am, I broke out the chocolate peanut butter ice cream (that's right, straight from the carton, I'm finishing it off baby!), and am feeling much better after such a healthy breakfast. Thank you God for chocolate, sometimes I think you created the cocoa bean just for me. I have nothing clever to say, nothing exciting to post. Only that I hope everyone out there is having a wonderful Sunday, and enjoying the blessings God has so graciously given them. We all have so much to be thankful for, even on a dark, dreary, rainy day like today.












O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.
Isaiah 25:1

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a great way to spend a rainy day... building forts!
LOVE IT!!

Michelle said...

It is rainy in our neck of the woods, too! It was a great day to clean house for me. I am glad you posted... I have been checking and have missed you! Hope your evening is going well.

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed this post! I fondly remember making forts as a child...it looks like your children are having such fun. I LOVE that you were still in your jammies, eating ice cream right from the carton, sitting at the table with a candle lit...that sounds a lot like what I was doing today! I really enjoyed this rainy, windy day...it gave me a good excuse to stay in and make a yummy dinner for Eddie and I!

Julie said...

I know what you mean about Sundays feeling different... Mark was on graveyard for what seemed like an eternity (it was four years, does that count)?

Ice cream, forts and Land Before Time. It doesn't get much better than that! I just can't get enough of Ducky, Yep yep yep!

Angela said...

OOH ice cream sounds so good right now! It is very rainy here also. I was just outside and I was soaking wet not fun. Hope you are having a great evening!

Sharon said...

I love the picture of Olivia looking out the window! It reminds me of the beginning of "The Cat in the Hat!" It looks like her bro and sis turned into Thing 1 and Thing 2 and made the day tons of fun!

And Tillamook Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream? Can there possibly be a better ice cream out there? No way! It's the BEST!!

LizzyG said...

Amen sister! Tillamook's chocolate peanut butter ice cream IS the best! But have you tried Baskin Robbin's? It's a close second!