Tuesday, July 3, 2007

One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish...

Cheesy title I know, but I couldn't resist. It is the title of a Dr. Seuss book that I have darn near memorized from reading it to the kids so much when they were little. Daniel and Sarah had their very first swim meet last Thursday. And since this blog page is somewhat serving the purpose of relieving my guilty conscience for never keeping up with their baby books, I feel compelled to document their first swim meet :) Daniel getting ready to start his backstroke race. Poor guy, he was doing great and then stopped halfway through because he forgot he had to do one more lap. He had a great attitude and just laughed it off!

Daniel had a great start and a great freestyle race, he placed third!


Our little miss athlete getting in "her zone" before her relay, her team got first place!


Sarah getting ready to start her freestyle race, she swam her heart out and got 2nd place!

3 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Tobin just finished the Pike class at the Y. I sadly do not swim. I mean if my child was drowning I could do a mean doggy paddle to save them. So unless I have a blow up mattress and a drink, I'm on the sand.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

THESE KIDS LOOK LIKE AWSOME SWIMMERS I HOPE I CAN COME AND WATCH THEM SOME TIME. GOOD LUCK DANIEL AND SARAH! GO FOR THE GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!