Sunday, July 1, 2007

Moments Treasured

Yesterday we attended a celebration in the park for our friend's finalized adoption of their son Jeremy! It was an all-out party with food, games, blow-up bouncy house, desserts, and good friends. We also had a wonderful time of worship and prayer together. As I watched from a distance, as my two older kids worshiped, I just had to capture the moment with my camera. I believe there is no greater blessing for a parent then to see your children grow and mature in their own personal relationship with Jesus, whether they're 5 or 35. As we flip through picture books of "Noah's Ark" and "David and Goliath" with our little Olivia, it amazes me how far Daniel and Sarah have come in their understanding of who God really is.


I can only keep praying that God will continue to guide their steps, speak to their hearts and give them the desire to do what's right no matter what the cost. As I look ahead, public school scares me, the teenage years scare me, driver's licenses scare me, Sarah wearing make-up scares me, Daniel's prom night scares me...But then I look at these pictures and my fears are calmed as I am reminded that they know God, they love God, and they already have the desire to please God. So far so good! May God graciously give us the wisdom we need, to be the Godly parents we need to be, so that they will be raised up in the way they should go.
But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
~James 1:5

Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it.
~Proverbs 22:6

For now, at this very moment, I will treasure this time.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Precious!

Glory Laine said...

All I can say is a big Amen! What a great start you've given them. Mistakes will be made but all will work together for those who love him. Well done guys. Oh and do you charge for parenting lessons?