Thursday, July 5, 2007

My Kind of Party

I love throwing a party for just kids, it takes so much of the pressure off. They are such an easy crowd to please!

Dinner Menu: hot dogs and chips

Dessert: ice cream

Activities: Put the sprinkler under the trampoline

Talk about a high-class social event

Like when you flip through your Pottery Barn Kids catalog, and the kids are all decked out in their trendy clothes sitting perfectly behaved around a beautifully, color-coordinated, decorated table, having a party......Umm no, not like that. Both Jon and I had to work on the 4th of July, so I told the kids they could invite some friends over on the 3rd and we could have an early celebration. I got in a little over my head. Jon had to work on the 3rd as well, so I was on my own. I was wishing there would have been someone around to take a picture of me holding a lighter surrounded by a cluster of kids holding out their sparklers saying, "light mine, light mine"
There is something magical about kids and fireworks.What a fun night!
The kids had a couple friends stay the night, and we had a yummy breakfast. Here's to the good ol' US of A. Happy Independence Day!
red, white and blue waffles!

Thanks to Grandma Donna, the kids had a fun 4th in addition to a fun 3rd. She took them swimming all day, and then braved the crowds and took them to Riverfront Park for the fireworks. I met up with them after work, and the funny part was we had to transfer all of their stuff out of Donna's car to my car which was parked a block away. Well, the kids had brought a big blow up, riding dolphin (which is practically life-sized), and an inner tube for the pool. So I was walking downtown with three kids, at 11:00 at night, in the middle of a crowd of people with our giant dolphin and inner tube. I felt very, for lack of a better word, WT!

3 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Well you're just about the best mom in the world! Will you adopt me? Those pancakes looked yummy.

Anonymous said...

those kids in the pictures are really cute!!! LOL

Angela said...

Yeah I am thinking I would like to adopted too!