Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Rewind...to November 13th

It's November 13th, 9:00 pm and my first night in Houston. I've been awake for 40 hours...no joke! Despite my exhaustion, I'm determined to stick with my promise of blogging every day in the month of November, and post something, anything, for all of you. So, I do. I post my Psalm and Proverb for the day and literally fall asleep with the laptop next to me in bed.

I wake up the next morning and turn my laptop on to listen to music while I get myself ready for another long day in Texas. (Everything's bigger in Texas, remember?) It stays on for about two minutes and then crashes. I try again, same thing. From that point forward I was without a computer while I was in Texas. I can't tell you how disappointed I was! Every day I took great pictures. I was even able to drive to Austin and visit my friend Janell, and yes I took pictures. I then drove to Waco and visited my wonderful brother, his wife and my sweet adorable niece, Emma. Yes, I took LOTS of pictures....great pictures that sadly, I can't share with you.

The tech office at Willamette University was able to recover all of my files, but the computer is dead. This was a laptop that my work issued me to use, and I'm still waiting to hear if my boss is going to purchase a new one for me. I'm crossing my fingers for a MacBook Air. :)

Our home laptop also kicked the bucket about two months ago, so the Garland family is officially without a computer, and is in the process of shopping for a new one.

I'm sorry I didn't get on here sooner and let you know what was going on. The only computer access I have is at work, and there really is no time in my work day to post a blog. Plus, what good is a blog post without pictures?!!!

I hope to be back in the game soon!

3 comments:

Janell said...

Oh Liz I must say I'am so glad you cant post pictures of our visit.:) It was good to see you though. I have good news, after many sleepless nights, both boys are sleeping through the night in their own beds! I said screw the neighbor I need sleep! : ) Can't wait to see you again.

Michelle said...

So happy to hear that it was a computer crashing and not you. :) Hope you are up and surfing again soon!

Tiffany said...

That darn technology. What would we do without it? I tell ya, I'D get a lot more done here at home without a computer!