Thursday, November 6, 2008

Convenience=Happiness

SA-WEET! I have made the most wonderful discovery. Now, some of you are going to laugh that it has taken me so long to figure this out, but I have just discovered Google Reader!!! Do you know what a huge difference this makes in my life? This is truly life-changing folks.

Let me give you a little background:
*WARNING* Boring, Detailed Daily Schedule ahead

5:00 am - Alarm goes off. I always hit snooze 3 times which means I get out of bed at 5:27. Shower, paint my face, straighten my hair, find something to wear that doesn't require ironing, decide if it's worth it to wear fabulous heels or just go comfortable and wear my favorite go-to Report flats.

6:15 am - Wake up Daniel. Repeat 3 times every 10 minutes until he is up and in the shower. Make breakfast. Pack his lunch. Make sure he has all his assignments in order, gym clothes, water bottle, and backpack packed.

7:15 am - Leave the house (nothing short of a miracle I tell you)

7:30 am - Drop Daniel off at the big scary world also known as Middle School. He always says the same thing to me every morning as he's leaving the car, "Wish me luck and pray for me today mom". And I always say, "I will, I love you buddy" with a lump in my throat. As I drive to work, I keep my promise and pray for the little guy(who is only about an inch shorter than me).

7:45 am - Call numerous people "idiots" and "morons" and tell them "it's not that hard to use your turn signal retard"

7:55 am - Pray for forgiveness

8:00 am - Begin my day at work

4:00 pm - Leave my office and walk across campus to the Willamette University Spark's Center(fitness center). This is pure torture, ladies! Do you know how old and fat I feel running on a treadmill next to a bunch of college students? I do not recommend this.

5:00 pm - Arrive at my favorite place: HOME! Followed by a family debriefing, where everyone simultaneously starts filling me in on their day.

5:30 pm - Make dinner, or sometimes if I'm lucky Big Daddy takes care of this for me, or sometimes (quite often) we have frozen pizzas and dinosaur chicken nuggets.

6:30 pm - Clean up, help kids with homework and piano practice, spend time with Olivia, lay out clothes, pack backpacks, brush teeth, say prayers, get everyone in bed.

10:00 pm - Pass out (Actually, it's usually like 11:00)

Notice anything missing?

BLOGGING!!!

That's right folks. Number one reason why I didn't post a new blog in over 12 weeks: TIME. There has been little to no free time where I could sit down and type out boring, random happenings of my life for you all to read. But the thing I've missed the most about blogging is YOU! I've really missed reading everybody else's boring, random happenings in their lives. I love checking in on everyone and seeing what you're up to, and looking at pictures of your adorable children. So this is where Google Reader enters the scene and forever changes my life.

I have everyone's blog entered into Google Reader so I just go to that one site and it shows me if anyone on my list has updated their blogs...Genius!!!

I am on my computer all day at work. I don't take a lunch break, because I'd rather just get the 8 hours over with and go home. But...by law, I'm entitled to two 15 minute breaks. :)

I now just click on my Google Reader, and Booya! I can see if anyone has a new post, and I have time to leave a fabulous, witty comment that could only come from LizzyG! It's been wonderful! Every day I just do a quick check, and now I can stay on top of all the exciting happenings in Blogland! Very convenient, which makes me very happy.

Olivia and I cuddling with my new nephew, Colton

9 comments:

Rachel said...

First of all you look fantastic and you could pass as a college student!
Second, I'm so glad you now know about Google Reader! Isn't it fantastic?!?

Tiffany said...

Confession: I'm scared of the big-bad-world too (middle school, heck, elementary school for that matter!). 2nd confession: You are not the only one who was late in discovering Google Reader. What a time saver! Oh, and your 7:45am activities crack me up - maybe because I do the same thing?

Christi said...

Hooray for dino-nuggets! We recently got really healthy and started dipping them in marinara sauce...I know, a whole added food group.

I admire your hard work so much...I'm exhausted reading your schedule.

Happy McNally Mom said...

It is so fun to read your blog again. It sounds like your days are so long. You handle it with such grace.

Valerie of Momia said...

Regarding Google Reader: I tried to set it up about a year ago. I failed. I can't remember what wasn't working. I'm just so not smart when it comes to technology (hense my boring looking blog and lack of constant updated pics!)

I'm glad you figured it out. You are a busy woman!

Kim H. said...

I found you through Glory Laine a while back and put you in my Google Reader - it truly is the best invention that I've seen yet! Especially for busy ladies who - well... - have a blog reading/writing addiction! (that would describe me completely!) If you ever want to stop by my little piece of bloggy heaven - feel free!

February Jill said...

All I can say is that I'm glad you're back!

Working out next to college students might not be fun but it'll sure keep you motivated! At least you do it, that's the hard part.

Keep up the updates on the mundane stuff. That's the best part and how we all get to know eachother.

Jill

Michelle said...

You are so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Hooray for Google Reader!!!! I love your typed out schedule, especially that you have to wake Daniel up 3 times!!