Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Kind of Weekend

This last weekend we went camping with some good friends of ours, and had such a fun, relaxing time. Lucky for us, our friends brought their boat and we all enjoyed hanging out on the lake as much as possible. Daniel getting ready for take off... And he's off!
He kept yelling, "measy, measy!" A word he made up for in between easy and mediumAnd Sarah kept yelling, "faster, faster!"
My friend Arminda and I getting ready to be whipped around the lake. Her husband, Will, DID NOT take it easy on us. My neck and shoulders are still sore!Even Olivia got to go for a ride!She was a little traumatized after her 1st tubing experience. Luckily her good friend Dewey was there to comfort her afterwards. Jon showed off his moves!And he was also quite proud of his flame-broiling bacon skills. He is now referred to as "The Wilderness Man"

We all had such a wonderful time. I absolutely love being in the outdoors! On the top of my "most favorite things list" is diving off a boat in the middle of a lake. Oh man, there's nothing better! Jon and I had so much fun jumping off the boat with the kids and swimming around. It took a while to convince Daniel there were no sharks or pirhanas prowling around in the dark, deep water. After we threw him in a few times, he eventually got over it and enjoyed swimming around.
The funniest part was when we were out in the middle of the lake and Daniel had to go to the bathroom. Jon and I were like, "just pee in the lake." Daniel FREAKED out in disbelief..."What? Ewww gross! It will get on my swim trunks!" Finally, when he realized we weren't going to drive the boat back to the dock so he could use the bathroom, he swam far away from us and let loose. And oh boy, after that both him and Sarah thought that was the coolest thing ever! They couldn't believe we would let them do such a thing! I swear every 10 minutes, one of them was happily exclaiming, "I'm peeing right now!" I guess that's what happens when you take city kids camping :)
Good times!
It definitely was a perfect weekend...Spending the day on the water, soaking in the sun, sitting around the campfire, making smores, all 5 of us sandwiched in a tent, and spending time with good friends. And of course their dog Dewey was the highlight of the whole weekend. Ahhh...good memories! I'm ready to do it all over again.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! Glad to see you guys are enjoying the summer!!!

Jen said...

ah...how I miss the northwest camping!!

what lake are you on here?

Stefanie said...

Loved seeing all these happy pictures - fun summer days!

And loving Olivia's new do too!

Michelle said...

Reading your post makes me want to pack up the tent and head out! Great times!

Sharon said...

Looks absolutely perfect!! What a great camping weekend!

Rachel said...

Look how much fun you guys had!
Camping and boating are such a great way to enjoy the weekend! I wish I had been out there this weekend!
You guys look like you had fun on the tube together!! It's definately quite the workout!
I love the peeing in the water story! Sawyer was so freaked out to do it at first too!

February Jill said...

This makes me excited for when my kids are a little older and we can get out and do some fun stuff together! Right now we are still tied to diapers, early bedtime and things like that. I love to swim too, I'm glad you guys had so much fun. I share Daniels fear of lake sharks though. There's so much water and it's so dark and deep, how can we be really SURE that there aren't any down there? We can't, is always the answer I come up with.
I love Olivia's bob too!

Jill

Anonymous said...

i miss hearing about what is going on in your lives!