Sunday, January 6, 2008

Once was lost, but now is found

.....MY CAMERA!!!!

I love my husband dearly, but I have learned over the years, when something goes missing, it is a waste of time to ask him. He never knows. Even if he really does know, he doesn't realize it and says, "I don't know".

Example: When my husband does the laundry (which I am extremely thankful for), and I go to put on my favorite sweater...it's not there. Where is it? I just washed it.
"Jon, when you were hanging up clothes, did you see my short sleeve black sweater?"
"Uhh, no. I don't know. I don't think so."
Lo and behold, two weeks later, I find it in Sarah's closet mixed up with her clothes. So I've learned to just not even bother asking Jon when I can't find something.

I have been frantically looking for our camera over the last two weeks. I have looked under every seat in both cars. Checked the glove boxes. I've checked all my purses :). I've looked under couch cushions and furniture. I've looked in every single cupbpoard, drawer and closet in our home....no camera.

Last night, without even expecting an answer, I asked Jon,
" have you seen the camera?"
"Oh yeah, I put it in the video camera bag in the hall closet"
"What!!! Did you not realize I have been looking for it for the last two weeks?"
"Uh, no."

Lesson learned: 99% of the time my husband never knows where anything is. But that 1% is worth asking about.

So here are some lovely pictures from Christmas Eve day, spent with some of our favorite people in the whole world.
The Rock Star and The Mommy
a.k.a Ella and OliviaThe boys
Daniel, Jon, Darrin with his little Dylan, and Duane.
Jon is threatening to give Dylan a knuckle sandwich if he doesn't smile. (kidding)
Two Hot Mamas
aka Liz and Angela, two great friends

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Whooppee...I am so happy you have found your camera! Especially because it has such great pictures on it.
You and Angela definately are two hot mamas!
Aren't friends the one of greatest gifts?

Unknown said...

HOOORRRRAAAAYYYY! I love the story about Jon saying "I don't know" about everything...it sounds like Eddie. :) So glad you found your camera!! Looks like you had a very fun Christmas eve... I agree with Rachel...friends are one of life's GREATEST gifts!

momaof4 said...

What a fun time!
Glad the camera is back too, Hubby's are so funny like that. Might not know were the sweater is, but they will know where something electronic is! :)

Angela said...

YEAH!!! I am so glad that you found it!!!
Love the pictures! It is always great spending time with one of my dearest friends!

Ona said...

Two posts in one week...go Liz!

Glad you found your camera. Men are so funny that way! Did you tell Jon about our conversation? He was so funny.

Yes, I agree you are two hot mamas!!!

February Jill said...

The best part of this whole thing is that your husband obviously thinks you are so slender that you and your daughter could share clothing!

Sharon said...

I had a hard time reading past "When my husband does the laundry..."

WHAT?

That, in and of itself, is amazing! Good man.

But, I pressed on and did, indeed, finish reading, only to be rewarded with some fab pictures! Great to see you and Ang together!

Lindsay said...

YEAH!! So glad that your husband ROCKS! :)

Great picture of you & Ang... 2 beautiful ladies!!

February Jill said...

We should introduce them! Of course Jonathan is skiing in Austria for the next six months... but you never know! We could be related and how fun would THAT be!