Friday, November 23, 2007

See You On The Other Side...



...of the finish line that is

Tomorrow morning my good friend and I are heading up to Seattle. Why? Oh, to do some shopping on Saturday, go out for dinner, stay the night in a hotel, wake up the next morning and....run a 1/2 marathon. WHAT?!!! I know I'm crazy, I can't believe I'm doing this. Back in August it sounded like a good idea. Oh sure we had plenty of time to train and get ready. I had it all scheduled out, how many miles I would run each week, it was a perfect plan. Then life happened. And I haven't been able to run near as much as I needed to. So 13 miles should be loads of fun! My goal now is to just finish without stopping. So wish me luck! And to all you blog party girls, I promise I will post my homework Sunday night when I get back....IF I make it back!

13 comments:

Ona said...

Run Lizzy, Run!!! Good Luck. I want to hear all about it when you get back. I really want to do a 1/2 marathon someday, maybe a full one down the road.

LizzyG said...

I'm with you to the end Ona! My goal is a full marathon someday too. Maybe we could do it together!!! Although I might change my mind after Sunday.

Jen said...

GO LIZ!!! So proud!

Unknown said...

Liz, you will do GREAT! I'm so impressed... It is such a sense of accomplishment to finish a race like this! I can't wait to hear about it... Don't worry, just run!

Sharon said...

You're going to do awesome! In fact, you're probably running right now as I type this! And to run in the most beautiful city in America! I bet you're having an awesome time~can't wait to hear about it!

Stefanie said...

You stud! Becca, Jill and I are going on our annual Christmas shopping next weekend, and I have to admit there will be no running involved. I am so impressed:). I hope it goes smoothly and regardless, I know that you and your friend will have a great time getting away:). Can't wait to see you Tuesday!

Michelle said...

You are bigger than I am! I am so impressed... looking forward to your post after Sunday!

Lindsay said...

you BRAVE woman!! I think I would fall over dead after the first mile. :)

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry that I'm too late to wish you good luck!!! I've been a blogging slacker lately but I really do hope that you had fun and finished without stopping! What a great goal you set for yourself!!
Can't wait to meet you in 2 days!!!

momaof4 said...

Hope the shopping was great!
And you were able to run the whole thing without stopping...what a great weekend for it!!

Michelle said...

Are you alive and well?

LizzyG said...

YES! I did it!!! I had so much fun, and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I will put a post up soon!

Ona said...

So excited to hear all about it...post soon!!!