Monday, November 19, 2007

A Happy Ending


Last night was wonderful. After eight straight days of sickness, we had one lovely day without vomiting. We were all healthy....almost. Daniel and Jon were still feeling a little under the weather. But Jon and I attacked the dirty house with amazing energy, doing load after load of laundry, washing dishes, cleaning bathrooms, and Jon so sweetly cleaned the toilets. He REALLY wanted to take a picture of the dirty toilets for the blog, he thought it would be the perfect post....yuk! He excitedly called us all into the bathroom to look at it before he cleaned it. I tell you, our husbands are just little boys in big grown-up bodies.

Well as of now, I still work Sunday and Monday nights at Newport Bay. I know, crazy. Well, I had to leave for work at 5:00, so I was rushing around trying to get dinner ready and the house clean before I left. I started to get in my "stressed out mode" realizing I had only an hour left to shower and get myself ready, and then like manna from heaven, the phone rang. A sweet girl from work called and wanted to know if she could work for me because she was needing to make some extra money. Hallelujah! Of course I said yes. And so after a long, tiring week we all sat down to a wonderful meal together as a family: my famous rolls and home-made chicken noodle soup for our fragile tummies, with sparkling cider to celebrate! It was completely wonderful, a perfect ending to a long, exhausting week. God is good!

13 comments:

Lindsay said...

so, so thankful that you are all feeling better... and what a great way to celebrate!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Angela said...

So happy you are all feeling better. It sounds like last night was much needed!
I sure wish you guys were coming up here for Thanksgiving!

Sharon said...

That's fabulous!! What a blessing to unexpectantly get the night off! Isn't God good?? Your dinner looks marvelous and I love that Olivia used her bowl for a hat before enjoying your yummy soup! : )

Jen said...

Okay...

Those rolls look incredible!! Maybe you can post your recipe like Becca did with her pb cookies!

Glad you are all on the way up. Love, Jen

Ona said...

So glad to hear you all are feeling better.
Five more days till the big day...are you ready?

LizzyG said...

Oh Ona, I'm so scared! I might not survive!!! I probably won't be able to walk at the Blog Party. I'll just show up in a wheel chair.

Michelle said...

Liz... I am so glad that your family is feeling better! I love your love for your family. :-) Have a great Thanksgiving.

Stefanie said...

I was feeling so bad for you having to clean and go to work like that - thus so relieved when you got to stay home. And your rolls looked great!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad everyone is feeling better...and what a relief for someone to call and ASK to work for you!!!

What is the "big day" Ona is talking about????

Julie said...

YEA! You made it through the sickness!!

I'm so glad you're feeling better now, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Rachel said...

Yeah!! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Thank you for no toilet pics!

HappyMomma2 said...

I am so glad that you received such an awesome blessing! You deserved it. It was so good to see you the other day. It is so good to have Olivia at the Childcare center-she is sooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.