Monday, June 11, 2007

Until Next Spring


This is dedicated to our sweet, enthusiastically competitive, Sarah; whose softball season just ended on Saturday. I woke up Saturday morning to cloudy skies and raindrops on our bedroom window. I walked out into the front room and found Sarah, dressed in her uniform, looking out the window and asking God to please make the rain stop for her last game. Well, the drizzle continued, but the coaches thought it would be fun to let the girls play in the rain (oh yes, great fun!). As Jon's mom and I stood next to each other, holding our umbrellas, freezing cold, we couldn't help but laugh as we watched Sarah play her heart out, still diving for the ball even though the ground was wet and muddy.
Believe me, we are not the kind of parents who push our kids to be good athletes so we can re-live our glory days! Sarah just loves to compete, she's always been that way. So until next spring, we will miss our fun-filled Saturdays at the ball field!

Oh, and yes, that is a number 3 on her uniform (mom's old number from high-school). I had nothing to do with it, she picked that number out on her own! Really!!!


I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made
~Psalm 139:14

1 comment:

Angela said...

These pictures are so great!