Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Lucky Bat

5 trophies for 5 years of baseball Pre-game warm up with Dad
This bat has felt some hard hits!

Daniel had his last baseball game on Tuesday. He had a great season! Some of his favorite moments were: catching his first pop fly, throwing a runner out at first base while he was at third (it was a great throw!), hitting the ball way into the outfield, and of course, going to the snack bar!

Daniel is not quite the aggresive, competitive, go-getter that Sarah is. He is more quiet and laid back when it comes to playing sports, but boy can Daniel hit the ball! Out of twelve games, Daniel only struck out twice, but this was with the help of a very special bat! He calls it his "lucky bat". It is the bat my brother Jeremy gave Daniel on his seventh birthday, which ended up being Daniel's last birthday with him. Jeremy loved baseball, and I remember how excited he was to give Daniel his very first baseball bat! It warmed my heart and made me smile every time I would hear Daniel tell a teammate that it was his lucky bat because his uncle Jeremy gave it to him.

Great job Daniel, we loved watching you play, you worked hard and did your best!


I thank my God every time I remember you.
~Philippians 3:1
I truly do thank God every time He brings to my mind a warm rememberance of my brother, even a simple baseball bat

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daniel has grown up!!!

Angela said...

Great job Daniel!
What a special bat that is.

LizzyG said...

just checking out my new profile pic. I'm so vain!