Friday, June 8, 2007

God Is Not Silent





This picture is of Jon and I at his graduation from the Police Academy on May 25th. I am so proud of him and all that he has accomplished. It was 1999 when he first tested with the State Police and knew that this is what he wanted to do. It's been a long road with many disappointments. I remember not long ago, Jon was completely discouraged after not making it with the Albany PD. My heart ached for him as I watched him wake up day in and day out and go work long hours at a job he did not enjoy. Yet he did it, working so dilligently for his family. I clearly remember driving and listening to the song, "I'll Praise You In The Storm" The words of the song seemed to say exactly what was in my heart... "I was sure by now that you would have reached down, and wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day, but once again, I say Amen, and it's still raining"... I prayed again and asked once again for God to direct our lives and keep us in His perfect will. I know everyone has been through a time when they pray and cry out to God, and yet it feels silent, as if He's not there at all. Yet He is. He is not just listening, He is present.


Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear.

Isaiah 65:24

3 comments:

Angela said...

I am so excited for Jon!

Anonymous said...

The whole family is so awesome. love you. Dad

Rachel said...

I'm reading your blog from the beginning (I took a nap today) but I have to comment on what a great picture that is! I'm so glad he's working for Salem (much better than the State Police)!!!