Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thankful Thursday

 
Yesterday was Sarah’s last basketball game of the season with her school team. I absolutely love watching my girl play. And on this Thankful Thursday, I am so very thankful that I was able to see every single one of her games. She had 10 games, all of which started at 3:30 in the afternoon; and I was there for every single one. I saw every basket, every steal, every juke, every fast break…I didn’t miss one play!

I’m thankful for a job with flexibility that allows me to come and go from the office as needed, and work from home when I miss hours in the office. It’s definitely not stress-free by any means, but the flexibility is so nice to have in this busy season of my family's life, and for that I am thankful.

Now I’m going to brag. 
Sarah with the ball
Sarah is an awesome basketball player! She’s always been ambidextrous, which has really paid off in basketball and softball. She can switch hands while dribbling without batting an eye. She’s got the crossover down like nobody’s business. She dribbles between her legs while the defense is pressing; she even dribbles behind her back. She’s fast, scrappy, and aggressive. She's content driving to the hoop and then making a stellar pass to her teammates. I love watching her jump in the air in excitement when one of her teammates scores...she absolutely loves providing the assists. She’s just plain awesome.
Ok, bragging session is over.
All three of my kids are in this picture! Daniel is in the eagle mascot suit, Olivia is holding the flag during the National Anthem, and Sarah is #13.



Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.
Colossians 3:14-16

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love seeing a post by you! I would say you have a lot to be thankful for! Such beautiful kids! Loved the Christmas card!