Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Running on Fumes

In exactly three hours from now I will leave my favorite place on earth, my home, to catch a horribly early flight to Houston. Blah!

And yes, I'm not going to bed tonight. In fact, I still have to pack. And yes, I did get up at 5:00 am this morning. And yes, I did work a twelve hour day today. And yes, I did submit two grant reports before I left tonight. And yes, I am seriously considering quitting my job. And yes, I have officially used this platform to complain to anyone willing to listen.

So whoopty-do, I fly to Houston and stay in this hoteleat at this restaurant and sit in this hot tub Even after looking at these pictures, I'd still rather stay home. In fact, I suddenly feel the urge to belt out Sinaed O'Connor: "I could eat my dinner in a fancy restaurant, but nothing, I said nothing, nothing compares to you (hot husband, wonderful adorable children, my little house)...Oooh oooh!"
So I'm feeling a little glum tonight my faithful blog reader(s?). But not to worry, I will remain dedicated and focused to your blog reading needs and keep my promise to post every day for your reading pleasure.
....praying for strength (not only for me, but my poor husband who will be a single parent for the next five days)
____________________________________________________
Praise the Lord. Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who finds great delight in his commands. His children will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed. Wealth and riches are in his house, and his righteousness endures forever. Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man. Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice. Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever. He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. ~Psalm 112:1-7
An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up. ~Proverbs 12:25

13 comments:

Kim H. said...

From a native Houstonian - WELCOME to Texas!! I totally understand how you feel though - it would be a whole different experience if your family was with you.

Try to enjoy our city a little though if you can...

Christi said...

I am totally listening so vent all you want. I'm praying that at some point you will finally get some rest. You are carrying such a heavy load and you've got to be exhausted!!

You are a girl after God's heart so who knows how He will use you this trip.

I love the verses you have posted lately!

Team Johnston said...

We will pray for safe travels to and from Texas. Also that your husband will survive 5 days without you. I love the verses you have been posting lately!
Have a great trip!
~Danielle :)

Ona said...

Doesn't look too bad:) Give kisses to my nephews!

Unknown said...

I am like you, I would rather be home than anywhere else! Have a nice trip, enjoy the hot tub and fancy restaraunt!

Lindsay said...

Hope your trip made HOME an even better place to be :) and I hope you were able to enjoy those FUN places too! :)

Stefanie said...

Wish I could join you...sounds fun to me:)

Angela said...

Hang in there liz! Do you get to see Janell?

LizzyG said...

Angela,

Yes, I get to hang out with Janel on Satuday night!!! How cool is that?

Michelle said...

Blessings from our Home state!!! I hope that the Lord blesses your family and you in many many ways the next five days!

February Jill said...

Hang in there! Get some sleep and try to enjoy getting out and being an adult for me!

momaof4 said...

I so understand being away from fam. for 5 day's. I am always good to go, but can't wait to GET HOME!! Have a relaxing time, when your not working. Order in on night. ;)

momaof4 said...

I so understand being away from fam. for 5 day's. I am always good to go, but can't wait to GET HOME!! Have a relaxing time, when your not working. Order in on night. ;)