Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thankful

Jon just returned from visiting Travis in Kansas City, and Trav is doing much, much better. He was released from the hospital last Friday, and has been resting at home. He still has difficulty seeing clearly and is moving around quite slowly. He will be undergoing surgery within the next month or so. Jon had a wonderful visit with him.
Even in the midst of his illness, Jon said he had nothing but encouraging words to say and was frequently laughing his famous laugh. The two of them had a great time together. As I was looking through some old pictures, I found some good shots of these two old friends. Excuse me as I reminisce :)


YWAM - 1997 in Kona, Hawaii

Trav holding Daniel Ski trip 2002
Haiti 2004 Celebrating our 30th birthdays - 2006
So happy together :) Kansas City 2008
I'm definitely thankful to have my husband back home. And I just want to sincerely thank all of you who shared my "heavy heart" with me last week. It was a difficult time, and I felt like I just needed to write what was going on inside. It was so kind of each of you to take the time to read and leave an encouraging comment. I was overwhelmed by your kind words...thank you. And both Jon and I are extremely thankful for everyone who prayed for Travis. He is truly our brother in Christ, and we are so thankful that God has more work for him to do!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Smiling, wiping tears away & sending you hugs! God is good & He continues to show me so many, many amazing things only He can do!

So glad that Jon was able to visit Travis. I'll continue to pray that He recovers fully and that God will be used in mighty ways through the life of Travis!

Ona said...

That's so great to hear he doing better!

Angela said...

Those pictures bring tears to my eyes!!! I am so glad he is doing better and Jon made it home!!!

Rachel said...

I am so happy that Jon's friend is doing better! How wonderful it must have been that he was able to fly out and spend time with him!

Sharon said...

Praise God!

What an awesome friendship they have. That's something treasured and rare. I'm so glad that Jon was able to go out and be with him for a bit.