Friday, March 28, 2008

I'M COMING HOME!

I have been in Colorado for the last couple of days, and right now I'm sitting in the Denver airport with nothing better to do then, what else? Post a blog of course. I spent 7 hours at PDX on the way here, and have had 8 hours of sleep in the last two days. And what could be better then lugging around a big heavy suitcase full of books? I'm not complaining though :)
Right now I'm sitting in a lovely little cafe overlooking the fountain in the airport (if you've been there, you know what I'm talking about), sipping my mocha and eating warm chocolate bundt cake. And this being my second trip with IDEA (my work), I'm thankful for the opportunity and how it forces me to step outside of my comfort zone as I promote our organization. I really feel my communication skills improving as well as my sense of confidence. Here are some very nice college kids I met (they were my favorites).But boy do I miss my kids' faces. Oh yeah, and that guy I call my husband, I miss his smile too. Can't wait to get home. I brought my camera, but was not able to take any pictures of Colorado. The drive from Denver to Colorado Springs was breathtaking, and I was wishing I could pull over and take a picture of the mountains. But Coloradoans drive like crazy people! The speed limit is 75 mph, and you don't dare drive under that lest you get plowed over by a monster SUV! This morning was freezing, I woke up to a light dusting of snow, and driving back to Denver freaked me out a little. I was in this little PT Cruiser, and could see the ice on the road, and people were just flying by like it was no big deal! Oh well, I survived, and can't wait to get home! Geeez, you'd think I've been gone for 10 days! OK, back to people watching...

8 comments:

Rachel said...

I hope you make it home safe and sound and soon!

Michelle said...

I love that you have a job that you get paid to travel! I would totally love that. Although... I hear you on missing your kids that would be the most difficult part. Two years ago I spent a week in Estes Park Colorado for a worship training, and I have to agree with you... it is simply an amazing state. Beautiful! Also, that is a great airport to have a layover. Hope you had a great nights sleep in your own bed last night. :-)

Ona said...

Welcome home and I will see you all tonight!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip! See you guys tonight!!

Sharon said...

Guess what!? I woke up to a light dusting of snow this morning here in Salem as well! You must have brought it with you! : )

See you Wednesday!

Lindsay said...

Welcome home!

Angela said...

Glad you had fun and glad you are home with the fam!

Jonathan said...

I kind of like that travel idea. I hope you were able to have some fun. Enjoy your family. JR