Friday, February 22, 2008

It's Official, The Recession Has Hit!!! (and other random thoughts)

Well, that's my opinion anyway. I just paid $15 for cheese, and $11 for milk! And they were on sale too! 2 2lb. blocks of cheese and 3 gallons of milk. Almost $30 for milk and cheese that will last us about 3 days.

I'm having random thoughts tonight.
I sit here drinking a bottle of Henry Weinhard's root beer, mmm....good. The rest of the fam is in bed. I should be in bed too. But it's been a long day, it's been a long week, and I feel like vegging out all by myself. I know, I'm pretty wild and crazy, root beer and blogging, a dangerous mix.This morning I was driving Olivia to pre-school/child-care, and I was late as usual. I came whippin around the corner, driving way too fast (I always do, it's a bad habit I just don't want to break), and right there sat a police car. "OH CRUD! I'm going to get a ticket" was my first thought. And as I turned into the church parking lot, I looked over at the patrol car, and it was Jon!!! He switched his lights on and waved at Olivia, and she was so very excited. He pulled in next to us, and took Olivia and walked her into school. She was all smiles. And so was I, as I raced to work. My sweet husband just saved me 10 minutes, and now I wasn't late. Jon said when he walked into her class, all the little kids were so excited to see a "real police man". One of the kids shouted, "Whoa! Olivia's dad is a fireman!" The teacher asked Jon if he could stay for a few minutes so the kids could talk to him. This sweet Mr. Mom also chaperoned for Sarah's class field trip this week. They released trout, which started as eggs in their class aquarium, into the wild! And Mr. Mom even took pictures. It's funny because the school needs volunteers for the spelling bee. They asked me, but I had to decline due to my work schedule, so I volunteered Jon. When I told him, his response was, "you want ME to volunteer at a spelling bee?!" And then we both cracked up laughing at the thought of him judging a spelling bee. Poor Jon is dyslexic and can't spell worth beans! I'm pretty sure any kid in Sarah's class can spell better then him.


I've talked about Jon, Oliva and Sarah. What about Daniel? Daniel, what a unique kid! So, he's in fifth grade. And they're now having "health" class. Last week, the male teachers took all the boys in a seperate room to talk about the male reproductive system. They told the boys they could anonymously write down any question and they would answer their questions. So what does Daniel do? He's laughing as he retells this to me. "Mom, (he he he) guess what I did (he he he)? Even though I already knew the answer, I wrote down, "can you tell us how babies are made?" Ha ha ha! You should have seen the look on Mr. Sutter's face when he read my question! And he said they can't answer that question until we're in middle school. Ha ha ha!"

He thought he was so clever! I love that guy so much. He's so smart, he's always thinking, he always has something to say...literally always! He really has a special place in my heart. It's true, there's a special bond between a mother and her son. A few nights ago, the two of us stayed up really late working on a big class project. It was such a special time, just the two of us, talking away about so many different things. And we made a killer poster for his oral presentation too!


Well, I've rambled on long enough this Friday night. But did you know I could beat any one of you in Wii Sports? Yep, that's right! Did you know I've been craving Rolos? Did you know I had a fabulous hair day today? Did you know I worked 10 hours today, and I'm glad it's the weekend? Did you know I REALLY want to blog about politics, but am refraining? Did you know I struggle with contentment? Did you know I really want a dog? Did you know I'm thankful you read this boring blog post all the way to the end? Happy Weekend!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the story of speeding and getting busted by your own husband. :-)

Glory Laine said...

Liz great post! I too laughed at the thought of Jon pulling you over. He's a great fireman. Love to hear your political thoughts someday.

Angela said...

Fun post!
Nothing better than a Mr. MOM!!!
So I know where you can get a dog!!!! :) I can have the cutest puppy sent down to the valley next week!!! Sound like a plan?
Just kidding!
(Well maybe not) :)

Christi said...

That was very fun to catch up on your fam. I was laughing outloud, especially at the root beer and blogging, a dangerous mix - you are almost as crazy as me! I'm going to have to meet you in person someday!

LizzyG said...

Christi,
You'll have to come up for McKay's 15 year class reunion! That's only 2 years away you know. Can you believe it?!!!

I love reading your blog. You have such a great sense of humor, and you're such a caring mommy....and you have great hair :)

February Jill said...

Liz,
Maybe you'll never read this since it's the 3rd blog down on your page right now but here's my quick summary on politics (and I wonder what your thoughts are): I'm disappointed that McCain is the shoo-in for Republican candidate. He's too liberal for me. I would have liked to see Huckabee (a real Christian) give him a run for his money. However, given that McCain is pro-life and a Republican, I will vote for him over any Democrat. Secondly, if we must have a Democrat president, please let it be Obama and not Hilary Clinton. That scares me. A lot. Okey Dokey, have a good night!
Jill

LizzyG said...

Jill!!!! Email me your email address, so I can send you an email with my response...we are very like-minded, and I have some good links that I think you would really enjoy, and also a good book recommendation.

jonluvsliz2@yahoo.com

only if you want to :)