Thursday, August 30, 2007

Joy And The Dilly Bar

Dylan (Dilly Bar) and Olivia (Joy) enjoying a leisurely canoe ride together Yesterday we had the joy of going to the State Fair (UGGH!). Oh, the things we put ourselves through for our children's happiness. We did however get to see one of our favorite little "cousins" Dylan, and spend some time with him. It was so adorable to watch him and Olivia go on all the little kiddies rides together .
If you're wondering about the bandage on Olivia's head and her newly cropped bangs, well, that was a whole other blog post in itself, but I was too embarassed to post it. I'll give you a hint: Olivia climbed up on the kitchen counter and tried to blow out candles I had lit. I know, I know, I feel horrible. But she is OK!
The big kids had a blast too!This was the first year Daniel and Sarah were able to go on the "big kid" rides. And they were very brave!
Jon is having a little too much fun on the kiddie swings with Olivia (actually, I think I just told him this was the last ride and it was time to go)
One last funny "fair moment":
This is for you Angela!!!A little history for those of you who are wondering "what in the world?"
These are pictures of Darrin and I at the fair back in 6th and 7th grade.
Darrin is Jon's cousin, and we were good friends and went to school together 6th through 12th grade.

I met Darrin's cousin, Jon, my senior year and fell head over heels!
Darrin met Jon's good friend and long-time classmate, Angela, his senior year. And it was love at first sight!

Jon and Liz were married in 1997
Darrin and Angela were married in 1998

That adorable little Dylan up above is Darrin and Angela's little guy
And of course that sweet little girl with the burned off hair belongs to Jon and I!

There you have it!

3 comments:

Angela said...

OH MY GOSH!
This is awesome! Darrin is going to laugh so hard!
What great pictures you took. I am jealous that my little guy got to spend time with you and I didn't. Dylan keeps talking about how much fun he had at the fair!
Um and the bangs. OOPS!

Glory Laine said...

I can't wait to read a whole post about bangs on fire! Maybe she's a trend setter and soon every preschooler will want the crispy frayed look.
I love the big kids in the swing.

LizzyG said...

Sorry Becca, I don't think there's going to be a "hair on fire" post. I'm afraid someone will read it and turn me into children's services. I feel so bad I left candles burning where she could get to them. I heard her cry and I looked up, and there were flames on top of her head! Very scary, and I feel VERY guilty!