Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Rock-n-Roll Valentine

When my two older kids were little, I vividly remember the lump I would feel in my throat as I watched them up on the stage during their Christmas Programs. They would wave excitedly at Jon and I, and then sing "Away in the Manger" at the top of their lungs. Oh, it was such a proud and emotional moment. Well, I have news for all you young moms out there, that feeling never goes away. Last week, Sarah's class had a music program at her school. (Now, before all you relatives out there start getting upset, and wondering why you weren't invited, I didn't know about it until the day of the program!) The school gym was completely full of people...standing room only. And Sarah had this part where it was just her and one other boy on the stage at the microphones, and she didn't even blink an eye. She just sang her heart out and even threw in some dance moves, as the song was titled, "Rock-n-Roll Valentine" (Gotta love public school). Jon and I were just smiling ear to ear as we watched her. We couldn't believe that she wasn't the least bit intimidated by the large audience. And I got that feeling, that same feeling I got when I watched her as a little 4 year old. I was so proud of her, and she even still waved at us! And I'll let you in on a little secret. The boy standing right next to her is the one she has a crush on! What a little cutey eh? When I asked Sarah why she has a crush on him, she answered, "I just like his hair, and the way he talks." Well, he just better scoot over a few inches, and not even think about "crushing" on Sarah. I'm telling you, I'm starting to get a little bit of an anxiety attack when I hear my sweet little girl talk about having a crush on a boy...yikes!

Every rock star needs a post-performance celebration.

And they went wii, wii, wii all the way home!

I snapped this picture of Daniel and Sarah right after they found out they were getting a Nintendo Wii. We have been trying to get one for them since before Christmas. So for Christmas, we wrapped up their games and controllers, and a note saying as soon as Best Buy gets them in stock they get a new Wii. We've been calling Best Buy every day asking if they have any in stock, and the answer was always no. While we were at Baskin Robbins, after Sarah's program, Jon called......and yes!!! We all jumped in the car and raced to Best Buy. We have all (especially Jon and I) been having a little too much fun playing it latley!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My oh my! The boys better watch out, your Sarah is a cutie pie!! She looks like such a little diva! Is she singing into her ice cream cone likes its a microphone?? How cute! Glad to hear you guys are having fun with the Wii...my sister has one and its just so much fun..almost as good as a workout depending on the game you play!!

Michelle said...

Wow... Sarah is stunning! The picture with her little hip popped out... hair pulled back.. she's going to be/is a knockout!

Keep us posted on the Wii... I am thinking it might be time here in our house for something along those lines.

Angela said...

Hey Liz!
I miss you!

I love that you took that picture right after you told them the great news about the Wii!!!
Very funny!
And stunning is the perfect word for Sarah!

LizzyG said...

I miss you too Ang. Can't wait for May 4th!

Rachel said...

I hate to break it to you, but I don't think you'll be able to control boys "crushing" on the beautiful daughter of yours!