Friday, December 7, 2007

POOR, DECEIVED CHILD

Last night we were at the outlet malls, and all of the sudden it started snowing! Fake snow that is . Olivia was ecstatic, she thought it was real snow. She was running and jumping and shouting, "it's snowing, it's snowing!" She even laid on the ground and attempted to make a snow angel. So for those of you who live in the Willamette Valley, and are looking for free entertainment for your kids: take them to the Outlet mall! They have fake snow blowing every night from 6 to 7 pm. It's back by the Gymboree store, and it actually is a lot of fun! (I apologize about the poor picture quality, these were taken with my cell phone)

When I was tucking Olivia into bed, she said in her sweet sleepy voice, "Mommy, I had fun in the snow tonight"


She had no idea she it wasn't the real thing!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! I didn't know they did this!! I'll be it was so cute to see her jumping for joy for the snow!

Angela said...

That sounds like so much fun!
It actually snowed here all night long. I am thinking you guys need to get up here this winter!
And once again HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Ona said...

That is too cute! I'll have to take the girls there. Jasmynn always complains that it never snows here.

Jen said...

LOVE IT!!!

We have something similar that happens down here at one of our malls, but the 70 degree weather kind of ruins any hope for a child to think it's the real thing. I love that your girl was pleasantly deceived...makes my heart happy!!

Sharon said...

That's so funny! I can just see her, wondering why it was snowing at Gymboree but not Banana Republic. Crazy cold front!

Valerie of Momia said...

I imagine they still do it- when we lived in Orange County, we went to Disneyland A LOT!! It snowed every night after the Christmas fireworks. It was awesome! My favorite thing, though, was watching the little children surprised and amazed, holding out their hands, twirling in circles.

Ah! The innocence of childhood!

Michelle said...

She seems like a SWEET little girl. :) How precious.

Lindsay said...

Fake snow... real snow... doesn't really matter... just precious that she LOVES it! :)

Julie said...

I'm a sucker for the Disneyland snow, too! I always get a little misty-eyed when it falls down on Lily. And the big kids love it too!!

Rachel said...

I love it! You have the most adorable children, and I have to say that you are such a smart Mommy! Take them to play in the "snow" and not have the cold, wet mess...good job!

Rachel said...

I love your new Slide Show!

LizzyG said...

Thanks Rachel!
I'm still trying to figure the slide show thing out, that's why I have it tucked away down at the bottom of the page...but thanks.